Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Mission - Road to College

Second year of high school, she is a sophomore now, was a breeze (well for her). Like I said she is smart, and likes to study. For me it was agony, I found out how much it will cost to send her to her first choice school.

(I really should go see a doctor for my hyperventilating, its becoming annoying.)

That year during honors night, again she took home all awards. Well except the Cup, that is only given once to a student. Although I think they should make an exception. This year she was not only top of her class, but top student of the high school. she finished the year with 3.95 GPA. Almost perfect.

She has her second choice school picked out. Did I say she wants to go out of state. Well in our case out of country. Did I explain that we live in Puerto Rico. Well we do, and we are true born and proud Puerto Ricans. Which makes all our college planning a little more difficult, but not impossible.

She is a junior now, just two years away graduation (deep breath, just keep breathing, deep breaths). Her experiences are changing, she is more aware of the world outside school and church. She sees the importance of school, but for other reasons. She wants to be a doctor, well a pediatric surgeon, to be exact. She wants to help others through medicine.

Next get your calculators ready. Lets play the price is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment